Monday, October 20, 2008

The ocean

Days are good in a sense that each day we’ve each got the choice to change. Each day we’ve got a choice to make things better, keep them about the same, or make them worse. I’m happy to have the chance to make things right after making so many wrongs, and I’m happy to have the guidance of family and friends which pushes me and makes me want to do better all the time.

The years have gone by so quickly. It seems only just yesterday that I was a 12 year old, much affected by the influx of puberty, wanting friends, and wanting so much to be accepted. Now, 10 years later, I’m still studying, but I’m also a teacher to many now. It’s hard to believe my mom was a mom at this age.

Things change so much, and people change so much all the time. The beautiful ocean is a great reminder of this. From a young age I loved water, I loved the ocean- and it’s only in the past few years that I’ve finally lived right by it. I just got back from a swim and it was so beautiful and clean out there- and no shark sightings again - so it was good.

As that saying goes, “the ocean of ever change” - ah, it’s so true. Yet despite its changing all the time, in a sense it’s somehow calm. I seem to find a sense of calmness in the ocean, a kind acceptance of its sometimes cruel, crashing waves- which on other days is so calm and unmoving that it seems to be more like a lake than the ocean. Calmness. Beauty. Water is so powerful. Nature is so full of beauty, splendor, wonder. Yet not a speck of nature crows of arrogance. It is all just like a manifestation of Supreme Beauty and Supreme Acceptance.

No comments: